Tuesday 19 February 2013

Alice in Wonderland Inspired Baby Shower

Apologies for there being no blog update last week but I have been an extremely busy little faerie indeed. Last Tuesday my friend Lydia and I were hard at work making Alice in Wonderland inspired decorations for our friend's baby shower at the weekend. We got quite a lot done in one evening if I do say so myself but then having new devices in the house now such as a die cutter and a printer certainly helps a lot!


As you can see from the photo we made loads! We made a caterpillar in the style of The Hungry Caterpillar as our friend loves it! I used the printer to print out 'This Way', 'That Way' and We're all Mad Here' signs. I printed out Cheshire cat grins which we stuck to straws to make little masks. I used the die cutter to cut out most of the shapes including the keys and love hearts. We threaded the love hearts onto some ribbon along with the suite of hearts from a deck of cards to make Queen of Hearts bunting. I also printed out and cut out some 'Eat Me' and 'Drink Me' tags too.

That left Friday for baking CAAKES!!! Sorry I love saying that word! I made vanilla cupcakes with blue butter icing, sprinkles, love heart sweets and 'Eat Me' handmade cake toppers. Here's my mum who's over visiting at the moment snaffling one! 


Here's some photo's from the baby shower including all our decorations and baking...


As you can see we had quite a large selection of cakes, in this photo you can also see Lydia's handmade Aztec gold cookies.


My cakes on display next to 'Drink Me' bottle (I picked up this bottle from the pound shop, filled it with juice and stuck a 'Drink Me' tag on it for a great effect)


This is us setting up the buffet table (there was a lot more food added later).


'This Way' and 'That Way' signs before going through the the kitchen. We also put a 'We're All Mad Here' sign on the front door.


The extremely munchied caterpillar.


Queen of Hearts Bunting.


My little monkey mooching food off everyone.


Ella tucking into a cake.


If you remember the blog post about my baby shower, my friends played this game called Baby Come Dine With Me which involves taking all the labels off baby food jars and the players have to guess the flavours. It's not very pleasant and it is a lot more difficult than it sounds. Well done to Jordan who won a scented cupcake necklace with 'Eat Me' tag from my shop.



We then played another game which was more like a quiz where we had to answer questions about Jordan such as her favourite colour, film, cartoon character etc. Simone won and received a miniature tea cup ring from my shop.


Simone modelling her miniature teacup ring


The guests recovering from Baby Come Dine With Me



So all in all I would say the day was a great success, plenty of munchies, good company and cool decorations. Hopefully there is plenty of inspiration here for your Alice in Wonderland inspired Baby Shower too. Now time to get back to working on some Alice in Wonderland inspired jewellery for my shop, keep your eyes peeled for more amazing Nomi Faerie stuff coming very soon!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, this Alice in Wonderland inspired Baby Shower is so cute and very pretty. Those heaps of cupcakes are just so fabulous and I want to grab all of those right now, haha! At one of the San Francisco venues I also threw the food tasting themed baby shower for my sister and a cousin. This combined bash was a blast.

    ReplyDelete