Thursday 28 February 2013

The Sunflower Faerie

Hello everyone! Thought I would share my latest make; The Sunflower Faerie. This is the first time I had made a larger scale character since my wedding cake toppers last year so it was lots of fun getting back into it and not having to make things on such a tiny scale all the time like my fimo jewellery charms.





I had a bit of trouble making the wings but after an appeal on Facebook, Elaine from Random Craftiness And Crafty Randomness very kindly sent me some angelina fibre to work with. Thank you Elaine! Angelina or fantasy fibres are very sparkly, iridescent fibres which are heat bondable. I made the faerie's wings above by creating an outline with green wire then ironing layers of angelina fibre across them on both sides then trimmed the excess to create this lovely, sparkly set of wings.


The Sunflower Faerie was designed as a gift for my friend Shirley who's Birthday it was last week. She loves sunflowers and reading so I thought this would be a great gift to have a little sunflower faerie sitting up on her book shelf sunning herself. Now I've got the bug again I'm planning on making more faeries real soon! I've got lots of new ideas and I am currently working on a new faerie at the moment, although it's taking me ages to finish! Don't worry as soon as it's finished I will get the pictures up to show you! I'd best best dash off and get the tea on just now though, bye for now! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment